Pages

July 8, 2010

Dual-Boot Ubuntu and PC-BSD - Part 0: Overview

I continue to learn about Ubuntu by searching forums or good ol' Google. In some of my searches, I noticed that some people think negatively about Ubuntu, or Linux in general. And those people also think that BSD is better. So I did a search and came upon PC-BSD.

Based on the PC-BSD site:
"PC-BSD is a free operating system with ease of use in mind. Like any modern system, you can listen to your favorite music, watch your movies, work with office documents and install your favorite applications with a setup wizard at a click."
I decided to download the PC-BSD 8.0 DVD image and try it out. And as it is still downloading as of this posting, I have decided that I will make my laptop go dual-boot with Ubuntu and PC-BSD.

First order of business -- repartition my hard drive to accommodate the PC-BSD install. Details will be posted in a new entry in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment